Pages

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Holiday update

Sorry about the lack of posts over the last month or so, it's school holidays over here and it seems I have too many projects. Slowly working my way through a few, but I don't seem to be able to stick on one long enough to finish it. Hopefully soon!

Projects

  • I've just sent an email to our local council to see if it's legal and/or what restrictions there are on backyard wind turbines. Guessing that's a project that will keep me going for a while.
  • My dad has a little 20W solar panel that I'm considering mounting and wiring up, which I may or may not one day make a sun tracker and/or a MPPT for. Things to do!
  • On my foundry/furnace, I fired the burner again today and I need to get a better oil pump, probably one out of a scrap car or something. I've also put the ZVS driver in an old ATX PSU case along with a MOT to power it, maybe an upcoming post! I've sent an email to Refractory and Ceramic who are based down in Victoria, and it seems that for the two bags of refractory I need, the ceramic wool, crucible and shipping will likely cost me upwards of $500. Depending on whether they get back to me or not, I might end up just making a refractory that won't last near as long but it may be enough to tell be whether it's worth it or not. 
  • I've got some dimmers that are pretty simple which I also need to make a post on sometime, although first I have to add some filtering and install them. (On a cheap and nasty gasless MIG welder)
  • Apart from that I've also been playing around with our rainwater system, for which I want to get a low pressure cutout hooked up. Looking to one day also add a greywater side to this to collect our shower/washing machine water, filter it and use it for the sprinklers. 

And that's about all, it seems I'm lacking the motivation I need to really get these projects done, but hopefully I can finish some if the goalposts come back into view!

If anyone has any comments, or would like to see a project (hopefully) finished, please drop a comment below and I'll be sure to take it on board.

No comments:

Post a Comment