Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Shipping & Electronic Goldmine

Shipping...
Just finalised my order with the Electronic Goldmine, which originally was intended only to provide MOSFET's for my ZVS driver. I ended up having to bring up the cost of my order ($50 international minimum with shipping), to a reasonable figure, which I decided should be just over $40.

After getting a cost for shipping, I started wondering if the order was going to be worth it, over double the cost of the items, to get them shipped! I'm betting the toroid assortment had something to do with the 7-8kg weight of it, although the rest of that must be in the super surprise box. Hoping there's something well worth it in there... I believe that's the most money I've ever spent in one shot! (must be the scrooge coming out in me)

I find it kind of ironic, how we can afford to bring in tonnes and tonnes of products from places like China, overseas, and still have them sold for "bargain basement" prices whereas my puny order still manages to seem so much more expensive, surely the shipping containers they come in must cost some amount of money. Maybe they use cheap resources to power their transport...

Either way, I'll post pictures of what arrives when they do, to give the next person some idea of what they will get from Electronic Goldmine. Hopefully it's something noteworthy!

Edit: Turns out the shipping ended up being just under $100AUD, a lot more than I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment