Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

Holiday update 2

Well, as talking to other people about wind power, it seems that's just not the best thing if it can't be above the house. That's one project down...

The next thing to spark my imagination, which is reachable are biodigesters. Thought being that I have a reasonable amount of grass, which when digested produces a reasonable amount of methane. Cheap solar power, in a way. That's my next project, so far I've almost completed a small digester based upon a 20L bucket, not sure how long it will last, or if the bacteria will grow without cow or horse poop to start it... Will be an interesting few weeks seeing what is produced, if successful I will probably put together another post on it. Future ideas are to scrub it of H2S and CO2, and possibly compress/store it to run a generator. Those are pipe dreams at the moment though.

Cheers for the read, if you have any suggestions or questions or want to remind me of this, please post a comment below. They are now able to be posted anonymously, which hopefully doesn't bring in much spam.

No comments:

Post a Comment