Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Games

This year I've tried to put more effort into finding people with interests similar to me. From this venture, I've noticed that an ever increasing number of people are using games, and television to pass their spare time (and even list these as their interests!).


From this it makes me wonder, are all these games masking the interests and talents of our generation? I have veered away from games lately due to a fear of being unproductive and wasting time, even with television I've found the same, so much is shown to pull us in, to the point of becoming potatoes of the couch. With most people doing just the opposite and getting caught in the traps set by the entertainment industry, where are all the innovators and people with ideas going to come from in my generation?

Others manage to balance their interests/hobbies with games and television, the question remains: where can we draw the line? I hope my observations of this generation are wrong, and we still have people that can keep themselves from being sucked into the immersive world of gaming and television. Without these people, I'd hate to think what would result, no more inventors or people to improve the world, like Nikola Tesla or James Watt, instead just becoming a society leaching off what little has been left for us.

Allow yourself time to pursue your own talents, be the change you want to see in the world, as watching the world pass on television is no fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment